Are you having a banana dilemma? Do you have a few ripe (but not over ripe) bananas and you don’t really feel like baking banana bread? How about some Fabulous Paleo Sugarless Banana Chunky Monkey Ice cream? This ice cream is super easy. You don’t need an ice cream maker. You don’t need sugar. Just a food processor. Try it! You’ll be so surprised how fast and scrumptious it is.
Paleo Sugarfree Banana Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut milk
Mini Chocolate chips
1. Cut up the bananas into one inch slices. Put them into a freezer proof container and freeze for at least 2 hours. It can be longer if you’d like.
2. After at least 2 hours, put frozen banana slices into the food processor. Pulse the bananas. You may need to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides. Keep on pulsing and scraping until the bananas become tiny granules. Now add the 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Don’t put the coconut milk and vanilla in from the beginning. The liquids will just fly out of the food processor and make a big mess. No one wants that! Continue pulsing until mixture becomes creamy, just like the texture of soft serve ice cream. It will happen, you just need to be a little patient.
3. You can remove the “soft serve” banana ice cream and freeze it in a freezer proof container. This makes a more scoopable ice cream. But if you are like me and need banana ice cream immediately, make sure you serve your “soft serve” banana ice cream in a super cute bowl.
4. Sprinkle the “soft serve” banana ice cream with chopped walnuts and mini chocolate chips.
5. The ice cream topping combinations are endless. Fresh fruit(strawberries are delicious), toasted coconut, whipped coconut cream just to name a few…..However, walnuts and mini chocolate chips are mighty tasty!
6. For Dark chocolate banana ice cream, add 3 TBSP of unsweetened cocoa powder when adding the coconut milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Then top with chopped walnuts and mini chocolate chips!